THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Samarra

About Me

My photo
Austin, Texas, United States

Friday, December 14, 2007

Retort to Abortion article

ahhh.. Abortion. My fellow classmate is right about one thing for sure. "Heated with passion and religious beliefs abortion never makes for a dull topic to discuss." I'm Pro- Choice and not afraid to admit it. I think that Texas along with many other Southern states that are more conservative, have strong Anti-Abortion feelings. I had an English class last semester that we had to read an article on Abortion and write a response saying whether we agreed or disagreed with the writers statements. I was one of two students that said Abortion should be allowed. Everyone else called women that have had abortions "baby killers" and other random nasty names. I think that abortions should be handled carefully though. There should be counselings that the candidate must go through along with the other obvious screenings that should occur. It shouldnt be an easy decision to make. I'll admit that there should be some re-vamping of how abortions are handled, but i dont believe that they should be outlawed. There are so many scenarios that happen everyday to women that the general public doesnt see. I dont believe that a woman that has been raped or a young girl that had been molested should have to carry and raise a child that they dont want. As a healthcare worker, i know what goes on behind the scenes and im still pro choice. Here's the link to the article.
http://centralparkdemocracy.blogspot.com/2007/11/pro-choice-or-pro-life.html

No comments: